1. Zhang H*, Zhu YB*, Liu ZW, Peng YM, Peng WY, Tong LQ, Wang JL, Liu QY, Wang PH, Cheng G#. A volatile from the skin microbiota of flavivirus-infected hosts promotes mosquito attractiveness. Cell. 2022, 185: P2510-2522. Featured Article, (*equal authorship).
Preview by Cell. 2022, 185: P2395-2397.
Research Highlighted by Nature Reviews Microbiology. 2022, doi: 10.1038/s41579-022-00771-4.
News by Nature (doi.org/10.1038/d41586-022-01764-2).
News by Science (Vol 377, Issue 6602).
2. Zhu YB, Zhang C, Zhang LM, Yang Y, Yu X, Wang JL, Liu QY, Wang PH, Cheng G#. A human blood-derived microRNA facilitates flavivirus infection in fed mosquitoes. Cell Reports. 2021, 37: 110091.
Spotlight by Trends in Parasitology. 2022, 38: 349-350
3. Zhu YB*, Yu X*, Cheng G#. Insect C-type lectins in microbial infections. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2020, 1204: 129-140 (*equal authorship.)
4. Yu X*, Zhu YB*, Xiao XP*, Wang PH, Cheng G#. Progress towards understanding the mosquito-borne virus life cycle. Trends in Parasitology. 2019, 35: 1009-1017 (*equal authorship.)
5. Zhu YB, Tong LQ, Nie KX, Itsanun Wiwatanaratanabutr, Sun P, Li QQ, Yu X, Wu P, Wu TS, Yu C, Liu QY, Bian ZQ, Wang PH, Cheng G#. Host serum iron modulates dengue virus acquisition by mosquitoes. Nature Microbiology. 2019, 4: 2405-2415
6. Zhu YB, Zhang RD, Zhang B, Zhao TY, Wang PH, Liang GD, Cheng G#. Blood meal acquisition enhances arbovirus replication in mosquitoes through activation of the GABAergic system. Nature Communications. 2017, 8: 1262
7. Ma EH, Zhu YB, Liu ZW, Wei TY, Wang PH, Cheng G#. Interaction of virus with the insect intestine. Annual Review of Virology. 2021, 8: 115-131.
8. Yu X, Shan C, Zhu YB, Ma EH, Wang JL, Wang PH, Shi PY, Cheng G#. A mutation-mediated evolutionary adaptation of Zika virus in mosquito and mammalian host. PNAS. 2021, 118: e2113015118.
9. Sun P*, Nie KX*, Zhu YB, Liu Y, Wu P, Liu ZW, Du SY, Fan HH, Chen, CH, Zhang RL, Wang PH, Cheng G#. A mosquito salivary protein promotes flavivirus transmission by activation of autophagy. Nature Communications. 2020, 11: 260 (*equal authorship.)
10. Wu P, Sun P, Nie KX, Zhu YB, Shi MY, Xiao CG, Liu H, Liu QY, Zhao TY, Chen XG, Zhou HN, Wang PH, Cheng G#. A gut commensal bacterium promotes mosquito permissiveness to arboviruses. Cell Host Microbe. 2019, 25: 101-112.